Sunday, May 26, 2013

$300!!

Here is me, happy as a clam! 

My garment did very well at the Discarded to Divine auction, it was one of  6 featured on a live model!!! 

It also sold for $300!  I found out later from a friend of mine that she knows the woman who purchased it - she told my friend it was her favorite piece in the show.

I was so inspired by the garments, jewelry, pillows, etc. other people designed.  The level of creativity is truly amazing.

Since then I've been embellishing a dress I picked up at Goodwill.  I love the cut but the color is not the best on me, so I've been using red pearl cotton chain stitching to add color.

My goal this summer is to buy a plethora of thrift store dresses and doll them up. I'm not a shorts type of woman and I want to be cool and comfortable : >.


No comments:

Post a Comment