Sunday, June 30, 2013

How to join the "Fashion Upcyclers" group located in the San Jose, California area


Here is the description of the Meetup group I formed:

"This is a group for people who are interested in the "upcycling" fashion movement, meaning we start with existing fashion (clothing, shoes, jewelry, handbags, etc.) and transform these items into something wearable, better than before, rather than buying new retail goods.

Several years ago I found out the fashion industry is one of the top contributors to global warming.

This prompted me to made a commitment to forgo retail shopping (okay, not for undies) and

1) buy only directly from artists, or

2) sew for myself, or

3) buy used clothing.

I've been about 85% effective in meeting my goal and as a result I've become very good at upcycling used garments & it has turned into a very fun and rewarding game.

Our members share ideas, examples of their work, resources they've found, and events relevant to our interests."

We now have 8 members!!!!!  Our first meeting is July 20th.  Join us...
http://www.meetup.com/Fashion-Upcyclers/

No comments:

Post a Comment