Jeannine Bould, a.k.a. "The Knitress" and owner of FashionKnit in Walnut Creek, California has been sewing up Paganoonoo fashions!!
A long time fiber artist, Jeannine has a fantastic eye for color combinations. She chose a light green mini check paired with buttercup yellow, accented with a whimsical flower trim.
The style is the Paganoonoo Ashlee pattern with the following alterations:
1) Jeannine used cuffs for the waistband instead of plackets
2) The lower back is in three color blocks: yellow print, green (with a placket running down the center back), then yellow print again
3) The addition of the whimsical flower trim wandering on and off the waistband
4) Fuller pleating (more fabric) in the lower part of the shirt
5) Sleeves are left long and the addition of a contrasting cuff
I adore this summery version. Check out how beautifully her espadrilles complete the outfit!
Jeannine tells me that she went on a Paganoonoo sewing spree for days so there are more blouses to share in the future. We see each other periodically at a series of events we both attend and she promised to wear them so I can share with you.
Jeannine happened to find a matching shirt for her husband Alex. They made quite a smashing pair.
More detailed photos below...
Thank you Jeannine for the inspiration!
Want to make your own version? You'll need three dress shirts (I use pre-existing shirts rather than buying new), intermediate sewing skills, and the Paganoonoo Ashlee upcycling instruction booklet/pattern available at the Paganoonoo store.
Please send photos of your finished garments so we can all be inspired by your creations!